Sunday, August 26, 2018

The Tragic Tale of My Un-Lucky Bag



    I don't often buy "Lucky Bags" (a sale tactic quite popular in Asian countries by which sellers put a number of random items into a bag and invite consumers to try their luck -- the bag could be worth well over its sale price, or it could be really seriously underwhelming) , partly because I was never quick enough to snag one, and also because my luck at such things are, at best, grossly mediocre. Yet here I was, challenging fate by grabbing at first chance one of Daxi Apparel's Summer Lucky Bags (who, by the way, does not have a good record in regards to such bags in the past). Boy, I really shouldn't have, and as photos about what others got in their bags started to trickle in in the review section of the seller site, my eager anticipation turned to utmost dread (though I could console myself at least it's cheap at RMB169 lol). 

    我其實很少買福袋,一半是因為手慢通常搶不到,一半則是因為其實我福袋運一直普普甚至不太好。但是這次大喜自製推出了三件RMB169(因為有跟到一波折扣所以實際上付的是RMB157)的夏季福袋,想著反正便宜,大喜的風格又是我的菜,雖然她去年的冬季福袋好像評價不太好,我還是準時待機下標了,畢竟我想惹眾怒後應該這次會改進了吧!嗚嗚我錯了。我簡直不應該挑戰命運,更不應該無視前車之鑑 (T_T)   總之一邊等著集運集完其他訂單一起出貨的同時,福袋賣場評價欄裡默默出現了其他人福袋內容物的照片。然後我心就涼了XDD



    Although the site described their Lucky Bag as a random selection of in-house items, from what I gather through the reviews basically there were only two variations. One is what I got, and the other consisted of a romper in a loud orange floral print, a long-sleeved shirt with vertical stripes and a deep fuchsia skirt. To be honest I consider my bag the less tragic of the two, because that orange floral romper is really something that would make you go "WTF??" haha (I know this is a bit akin to the pot calling the kettle black, but hey we all need to make lemonade sometimes ; ) )  Anyway, the contents of both variations look nothing like what Daxi Apparel is selling now or has sold in the last 3 years at least : (   Let's take a look at what I had in my bag of, erm, disasters ↓↓↓

    說是內容物隨機,其實大家拿的福袋基本上都只分為兩款。一款是我這袋,另一款是橘紅大花短版連身褲+紅色直條紋長袖襯衫+桃紅(?)短裙。說真的我覺得兩款當中我這款相對來說已經算比較不雷的了,橘紅大花那一袋真的是超一言難盡的啊哈哈哈哈(對,五十步笑百步說的就是我 () 但無論哪一袋都根本不像是大喜家這兩三年賣過的款式好嗎?來看看拿到什麼吧 ↓↓↓





    Each bag has 3 items, and basically both variations contain a one-piece (dress or romper), a top (blouse or shirt) and a skirt of some sort.

    這次福袋按賣場說法是每袋有三件,從評價看下來兩種福袋基本上都有一件one-piece(洋裝或連身褲)、一件上衣跟一件裙子。





Item 1 -- Off-shoulder Crop Top in Blue Floral Chiffon

    This piece has a high-low hemline and a layered design on the shorter side, technically it's a pretty wearable top. But why oh why did they choose to go with this indescribably cheap-looking print?  On the brighter side, at least this top is a true S size and fits well on a hobbit like me, despite my many misgivings re: unbecoming print.


Item 1 -- 藍花一字領雪紡上衣 

    這件的設計是前短後長,前面有做雙層設計,理論上來說是蠻實穿的一件,但是啊為何這花色有種難以言諭的廉價感(T__T) 唯一可以安慰自己的是大喜家的S size版型是真的小,撇開花色問題這件一字領哈比人如我穿起來剛剛好(最近市面很多短版一字領上衣我穿起來都長度尷尬 囧>) 






Item 2 -- Taupe Pencil Skirt

    When I first saw this greyish pile of mess I thought that was the most oldish-looking thing I've come across in quite some time. It looked the most disappointing among the three, but much to my surprise it's quite a versatile item that at least adheres to Daxi's own outfit style (as opposed to the other two, I really don't know where they came from -- bargain basements, most probably : (  )


Item 2 -- 灰褐色窄版短裙

    當初看到這灰撲撲的一團時整個人都覺得不好了~為什麼是這麼老氣的顏色啊啊啊啊?看起來是最雷的一件,不過實際穿搭起來意外的覺得這件竟是三件裡面最「大喜」的,勉強能搭出賣場風格的一件吧!(其他的真不知道是從哪個菜市場亂入的(_;)






Item 3 -- Graffiti Print Long-sleeved Dress

Just look at that print, I'm totally at a loss for words LOL. And it's suffering from a case of conflicting seasonal identities too, what with the thin chiffon, the floral print and the long sleeves. This dress has a round collar in front and a V-neck with strings at the back, so I suppose you can wear it both ways. Too bad the V-neck looks weird on me for some reason, so I'm solely using the round neck version. There are also strings on the waist which you can adjust to suit your figure.  


Item 3 -- 塗鴉風印花雪紡洋裝

這一言難盡的花色唷~(淚)雪紡材質加上這俏皮塗鴉花色卻又是長袖,你到底是哪個季節的啊喂?這件一面是圓領一面是V+綁帶,應該是可以兩面穿的,然並卵我都只用圓領那面,V領那面實際穿起來有點怪怪的。這件有綁帶可以自行調整腰圍,一樣是對哈比人友善的偏小版型。







    If truth be told, I wouldn't have looked at any of these items even if they were on sale in bargain basements. Well, luck (and Daxi and co.) has handed me lemons and it's up to me to squeeze out the pulps and salvage what I could to make the fashion equivalent of leftover lemonade I guess LOL.

    真心說一句,這三件放在大賣場特價我可能連看都不會看一眼XDD   但是誰叫我命途多舛(什麼鬼)既然賭輸了,大局已定只好看看能不能用穿搭救援一下








    As mentioned before, this top has a high-low hemline, and this look here features the shorter side. As it is short enough, when you pair it with short culottes it gives you instant longer legs ; )  Perfect for hobbits like me haha!

    之前有提到這件上衣是前段後長,這是用短的那面,因為夠短,再搭上短版褲裙可以把腿的比例拉長不少,適合哈比人騙人使用 XD




    Look 2, on the other hand, uses the longer side, and the longer length means it can be tucked into skirts or pants.

    Look 2則是用長的一面,因為比較長所以適合紮進裙子裡,當作普通長度的上衣使用








    I paired this with the chiffon top I got from Daxi Apparel not long ago, throw in a felt hat and suddenly it's much closer to the style propounded on Daxi's site, non

    直接搭了大喜的綁帶雪紡上衣,再搭個帽子就莫名的有點大喜風了有沒有?(都自己說 XD




    This taupe shade looked really old on the rack, but it's actually a most versatile colour. I love to pair it with browns especially, it gives understated chic to an outfit.

    這個灰棕灰棕的顏色掛著看真的老氣到掉渣,但是實穿起來卻很百搭。我尤其喜歡搭暖棕色,暖中加入偏冷的灰棕色有種低調的時尚感。








    It's a mammoth task to make lemonade out of this weird graffiti/floral print. I paired this dress with the sartorial panacea of a denim shirt, and attempted to lighten up the outfit by wearing a straw hat and sandals so that the print would fit the overall light-hearted mood of the outfit instead of looking childish and out of place.

    想要拯救這一言難盡的花色著實不易啊 XDD  只好搬出萬用救星 -- 牛仔襯衫,加上草帽、涼鞋跟隨性風的包包製造輕鬆隨性的氛圍,使得塗鴉花色不那麼突兀反而有點俏皮。




    Alternatively, the wild print is ripe for a western-flavoured theme, so I retrieved my suede vest and Western bootees from the deepest trenches of my closet. And my recently acquired rattan bag also comes in handy : )

    這個花色狂野(?)的畫風其實也蠻適合西部風穿搭的,於是我從衣櫥深處挖出了麂皮背心跟西部短靴 XDD  另外最近入手的藤編包也剛好派上了用場 : P





*    *    *  





    Well, I guess with a little bit of styling this "Un-Lucky Bag" turns out a little less unlucky LOL  But let's face it, I'm never buying another Daxi Apparel Lucky Bag again no matter how tempting the price or the copywriting might seem (cross heart, amen). And thus ends the sad tale of my Daxi bag of disasters, please excuse me while I go and sob a little ; ( 


    實際穿搭後覺得雷度稍微減一點點 (^_^;)  但是!我以輝發那拉氏的名義起誓(你誰)今後不管多麼誘人的價錢多麼動人的文宣我都不會再買大喜家的福袋了啦!!!(拉下去斬了!!你夠囉  總之,我悲傷的大喜雷袋的故事就到此為止,揮灑著淚水下台一鞠躬啦 ・゚・(ノД`)・゚・





Bises!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...