Sunday, September 9, 2018

Of Gold Dust and Spices



I dreamt I was in Morocco, 
Strange odors in the air.
And I was in love with a princess,
With black curly hair.

-- Orange Blue "Morocco"


    Actually I had this Fenty Beauty Moroccan Spice Palette for quite some time already, but it's so gorgeous I'm contented just looking at it and fawning over the glittering golds and the jewel tones. The previous palette that Fenty Beauty launched didn't really arouse much of my interest (mainly because it was all shimmer and glitter), but this had me seriously craving one with all its practical and not-so-practical shade selections and that stunning holographic coloured smoke on the lid.

    Fenty Beauty夏季彩妝主打的這盤Moroccan Spice Palette時其實我買一陣子了,但是整個太美了一直處於一種純觀賞的狀態 XDD  上一次Fenty出的限量彩妝盤幾乎都是珠光或亮片色所以我沒什麼太大興趣,但是這次一看到配色跟包裝完全升起熊熊大火啊啊啊~ 



    The shade selection of this palette encompasses the practical shades and also shades for special occasions. In other words, it's a palette that you can complete a variety of eye looks with alone. I'm pretty impressed with the shimmer shades, they are buttery smooth and pigmented and the glow is definitely high impact, especially the top row rightmost gold shade -- you can impersonate the golden Oscar statue with this shade, it's that blinding! The mattes were, well, a bit mediocre, some are a bit dry and the colour payoff less satisfactory, but they are buildable so I can accept that. This palette supposedly performs a lot better with Fenty's new eyeshadow primer, I didn't buy that so I wouldn't know, but I would say I'm quite satisfied with the outcome on the lids even without priming. By the way, I did a little swatch video of this palette, I'll put it on my Instagram shortly so you can better see how the eyeshadows fare individually application- and pigmentation-wise (Instagran account @bonjourjasmineblog)

    這盤配色有很多實用色也有很多特殊色。簡單來說是一盤可以單獨完成多種眼妝的眼影盤。這盤的珠光色表現都非常棒,粉質綿密滑順,顯色度高光澤漂亮。最驚豔的是最上排最右的金色,真的超誇張金的,如果想要cos十八銅人全臉上這色就可以了 XD  霧面色就比較普通一點,有些粉質會比較乾比較不顯色,但是可以用疊擦達到不錯的飽和度。據說這盤搭他們家的眼影打底會好很多,我沒買所以也無從得知,但我自己使用起來覺得就算不打底在眼皮上的顯色度其實還是不錯的。另外我有錄了一小段試色影片,一會會放在IG上(帳號 bonjourjasmineblog),可以更好的觀察每一色的顯色度﹑偏光跟光澤。





(A very bare-bones tutorial for this Morocco-inspired eye look)

Apply A as a transition colour all over the upper eyelid (area indicated by the orange line). Apply B in the area within the crease. Increase the colour intensity by layering C over the outer 1/3 of the eyelid. Dab on a little concealer over the area within the cream white line and apply D over it. Using an eyeliner brush, apply E over the inner 2/3 of the lower lid. Complete the look by doing a thick and very black winged liner and you're good to go!


 (很陽春的摩洛哥風眼妝教學)

    以A當過渡色上在上眼皮(上圖的橘線範圍)。B上在雙眼皮摺以內的範圍。C作為重點色疊擦在眼尾後1/3的位置。用遮瑕膏蓋住米白線以內的範圍,再疊上D的金色。E的藍綠色以眼線刷上在下眼皮前2/3的位置。上下眼皮各畫上粗粗的上揚沿線就完成啦!




    I did have some qualms doing this Morocco-inspired look, on the fence about using red or teal as the main colour. In the end I decided on the red because it is rare that I find a red eyeshadow that actually looks red on me (the reds in my Zoeva Cocoa and Opulence palettes inexplicably turn reddish brown on my lids, sigh)! But it's a pity some many beautiful shades are hardly used in this look, especially the teal and that gorgeous duochrome pink second from left on the second row. Well, there's always another time, for now this look is all I have. Of course if you've any questions don't hesitate to ask ; )

    這次嘗試摩洛哥為靈感的眼妝其實猶豫了一下要以紅色為主還是以藍綠色為主,最後決定紅色是因為難得遇上在我眼皮上真的是正紅的眼影 XD(像之前Zoeva可可盤跟Opulence,它們的紅色在我眼皮不知為何都會變紅棕色 囧>) 不過藍綠色跟第二排左二的那個偏光粉紅(好像被小紅書稱為人魚色)真的爆炸美,這次不太用到真的很可惜,下次再來好好用這兩色啦~^^P  這次先這樣啦,大家有問題都可以問我啦!




Bises! ♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...